The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) was created under the Lisbon Strategy. Its mission is to grow and capitalise on the innovation capacity and capability of actors from higher education, research, business and entrepreneurship from the EU and beyond through the creation of highly integrated Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs).
Instituto Superior Técnico was recognized as a strategic partner for the new Knowledge and Innovation Community EIT InnoEnergy (rebranding KIC InnoEnergy), whose aim is to promote innovation through 6 european central offices, in the key area of energy. IST is the formal partner of the central office InnoEnergy IBERIA whose main activity theme is renewable energies.
EIT InnoEnergy (rebranding KIC InnoEnergy) educational programmes are directed towards a completely new type of education in the energy field, mobilising the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of the students. At the same time, the full energy knowledge students receive in “classical” programmes is kept. This will give the graduates a very deep understanding of the world’s energy challenges paired with a significant insight into how energy businesses are created and into the industrial perspective of the energy side.
- MSc Energy Storage
- MSc ENTECH – Energy Technologies
- MSc SELECT – Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy System
- MSc RENE – Renewable Energy
Applications for of EIT InnoEnergy Master School 2021/2021 will be open in the following periods:
- Round 1: 20 September 2021 – 31 October 2021
- Round 2: 07 November 2021 – 16 January 2022
- Round 3: 23 January 2022 – 06 March 2022
- Round 4: 13 March 2022 – 18 April 2022
- Round 5: 24 April 2022 – 12 June 2022
More information at https://www.innoenergy.com/for-students-learners/master-school/.
IST is also involved in one of the EIT InnoEnergy PhD School
For more information contact:
- Rossela Leitão – Instituto Superior Técnico (MSc Student Support – Mobility Office)
- Marta Abrantes – Instituto Superior Técnico (Education Project Manager)
- Professora Ana Carvalho – Instituto Superior Técnico (PhD contact)
Portuguese Language Courses
All Innoenergy students will have the opportunity to take a short intensive Portuguese course for beginners. The Innoenergy programme will cover all the associated costs of 1 Portuguese course per student.
- Do I have to submit my English proficiency test with my application?
If you are doing your first year at Técnico, you can submit it until the 15th of July.
- What do I need for visa?
When we receive the list of students accepted we will send you information about visa and a form for you to fill in for us to send to the embassy. Meanwhile, you should contact your embassy. Embassies differ in requirements.
- When am I to arrive in Portugal?
Beginning of September.
- When and how do I register at Técnico?
From mid May on we will send you the instructions by email.
- What courses will I be taking at Técnico?
On your Welcome day you will do your study plan with your coordinator.
“The EIT Label is a quality seal awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) to a KIC educational programme that has been assessed positively by the EIT on the implementation of the EIT Quality Assurance and Learning Enhancement (EIT QALE) system and the application of specific quality criteria with focus on the EIT Overarching Learning Outcomes (EIT OLOs), robust entrepreneurship education, highly integrated, innovative ‘learning‐by‐doing’ curricula, international mobility and outreach.”