The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) was created under the Lisbon Strategy. Its mission is to grow and capitalise on the innovation capacity and capability of actors from higher education, research, business and entrepreneurship from the EU and beyond through the creation of highly integrated Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs).
Instituto Superior Técnico was recognized as a strategic partner for the new Knowledge and Innovation Community EIT InnoEnergy (rebranding KIC InnoEnergy), whose aim is to promote innovation through 6 european central offices, in the key area of energy. IST is the formal partner of the central office InnoEnergy IBERIA whose main activity theme is renewable energies.
EIT InnoEnergy (rebranding KIC InnoEnergy) educational programmes are directed towards a completely new type of education in the energy field, mobilising the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of the students. At the same time, the full energy knowledge students receive in “classical” programmes is kept. This will give the graduates a very deep understanding of the world’s energy challenges paired with a significant insight into how energy businesses are created and into the industrial perspective of the energy side.
IST is involved in the following EIT InnoEnergy master programmes:
- MSc SELECT – Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy System
- MSc RENE – Renewable Energy
- MSc ENTECH – Energy Technologies
- MSc Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy
Applications for of EIT InnoEnergy Master School 2019 will be open in the following periods:
- Round 0: 29 October 2018 – 10 December 2018
- Round 1: 11 December 2018 – 22 February 2019
- Round 2: 25 February 2019 – 22 April 2019
More information at http://www.innoenergy.com/education/master-school/how-to-apply-for-our-programmes/.
IST is also involved in one of the EIT InnoEnergy PhD School
For more information contact:
- Ana Barbosa and Ágata Nicolau – Instituto Superior Técnico (Student Support – Mobility Office)
- Marta Abrantes – Instituto Superior Técnico (Education Project Manager)
- Professora Ana Carvalho – Instituto Superior Técnico (PhD contact)
“The EIT Label is a quality seal awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) to a KIC educational programme that has been assessed positively by the EIT on the implementation of the EIT Quality Assurance and Learning Enhancement (EIT QALE) system and the application of specific quality criteria with focus on the EIT Overarching Learning Outcomes (EIT OLOs), robust entrepreneurship education, highly integrated, innovative ‘learning‐by‐doing’ curricula, international mobility and outreach.”