Capacity-building projects in the field of higher education are transnational cooperation projects, based on multilateral partnerships, primarily between higher education institutions from Programme and eligible Partner Countries.
The aim of these projects is to support eligible Partner Countries to:
- modernise, internationalise and increase access to higher education
- address the challenges facing their higher education institutions and systems
- increase cooperation with the EU
- voluntarily converge with EU development in higher education, and
- promote people to people contacts, intercultural awareness, and understanding.
This is carried out in the context of two key policy documents and the policy defined by four complementary financing instruments;
- Increasing the Impact of EU Development Policy: An Agenda for Change,
- European Higher Education in the World.
- the European Neighbourhood Instrument
- the Development Cooperation Instrument
- the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance, and
- the European Development Fund