Circular Economy and Sustainable Development
Sustainability is unquestionably a matter of today. Circular economy and sustainable development are powerful tools on which governments, companies, and the general society can rely to tackle the challenges of today and evolve towards a sustainable future.
The Circular Economy and Sustainable Development summer school will be offered by Técnico Lisboa and ISEG (Lisbon School of Economics and Management) and focus on a diversity of topics, namely the foundations of Circular Economy, AI support, sustainable production, value chain, energy resources or public policy. Participants will also be offered the opportunity to contact with companies and personalities of reference in the area.
Master’s students in the multidisciplinary areas of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, economics, finance, or management. Bachelor’s students showing the appropriate motivation and background may also be considered. Programme 100% taught in English.
10 Good reasons to Apply
- TOP University in Portugal
- 2-week summer course in the heart of Lisbon, Portugal
- High-quality professors
- Discussion sessions with invited speakers
- Possibility to visit a company of reference
- Development of a group project with international students (necessary to complete the course)
- 6 ECTS and final certificate
- Social activities, including sightseeing tours and leisure activities aiming to connect students with the Portuguese culture (music, gastronomy and water sports)
- Housing included
- July is the sunniest month, with an average of 352 hours of sunshine.
Usually, classes take place in the morning, from 9:30 to 12:30. Some courses may take place in the afternoon.
Each programme consists of a total of 60 hours, including team-building events, company visits, course contact hours and autonomous work.
The program fee will include the social activities, lunch and coffee breaks on campus, welcome and closing dinner, and accommodation. Students are in charge of travel and personal expenses.
|Students from non-partner universities (outside Portugal)*||2500€|
*Please note, that students from IST or ISEG partner universities benefit from a 10% discount on the tuition fee.
- Program fee;
- Course materials;
- Team-building events and social activities;
- Public transportation card in Lisbon;
- 3 dinners: Welcome, Portuguese Dinner and Farewell dinner;
- Transcript of Records or Certificate of Attendance (in case the student does not complete the course with success).
The 2024 edition is scheduled for the second and third weeks of July. The application period should take place in January 2024. Further information will be made available soon.
For pre-registration or additional questions please contact email@example.com.
Study in Portugal Network
Study in Portugal Network (SiPN) is a multi-university consortium of Portuguese universities based in Lisbon, Portugal, specialized in providing study abroad experiences.
SiPN offers semester, full-year, and summer study abroad opportunities, and the flexibility to enroll in courses in Portuguese, English, or a combination of the two, at any of the Lisbon-based Universities within the consortium. During our summer program, students also have the option to attend the University of the Azores at its Ponta Delgada campus.
In association with the Luso-American Development Foundation (FLAD), SiPN is able to provide all-inclusive fees that cover tuition, lodging, cultural activities, city and country tours, public transportation passes, travel, and health insurance, and constant support from SiPN team members at the lowest rates in the market.
SiPN at Técnico Lisboa
Addressing complex global challenges and contributing to a fairer world requires a new generation of professionals trained with a new mindset and strong scientific and technical skills in emerging areas. At Técnico Lisboa, students have the following offers available:
- Semester Program: CU’s a la carte, chosen from the offer of minors and specialization CU’s.
- Semester Research Assistant Opportunities (in addition to regular CU’s).
- Summer Research Internships.
The semester program on Emerging Topics in STEM: Engineering, Technology and Sustainability offers a variety of curricular units to be chosen a la carte in the following topics:
– Energy for the Future and Renewable Energy Systems
– Engineering for Sustainability
– Humanitarian Engineering
The Program is directed to 3rd or 4th year university students, especially with backgrounds in Engineering. Students with other backgrounds (for example, Physics or Chemistry) are also welcome. (We suggest confirming the content of the curricular units to guarantee that your background is adequate to the content of the curricular unit.)
The Semester Research Assistant Opportunities open the doors of the research centers to students who wish to learn with real life challenges by developing short term interdisciplinary research work.
The program is directed to 3rd or 4th year university students, especially those with backgrounds in Engineering. The experience takes place during the semester and will be accredited as a curricular unit of the type “Project” with 6/12 ECTS.
Research Assistant Opportunities are offered in two areas:
– Circular Economy (possibly involving IST-ID research centers: CERENA, CERIS, CQE, IN+)
– Humanitarian Engineering (possibly involving NGO’s operating in this area)
For further information, refer to SiPN at Técnico Lisboa main page.