The Mobility and International Cooperation Office implements and manages the International Ambassadors programme at Técnico Lisboa, with the aim of creating a network of International Ambassadors who will collaborate in the dissemination and promotion of Instituto Superior Técnico with our partners, during their mobility period.
International Ambassador Mission
- Represent Técnico Lisboa during the mobility period;
- Advise potential international students about our programmes;
- Lead and facilitate activities to disseminate this School abroad;
- Talk about Portuguese culture and share what it’s like to study at Técnico and in Lisbon;
- Clarify doubts about the Técnico.
The International Ambassadors programme aims to promote Técnico in the institutions where students do their mobility or where they come from. This programme is for students who go on mobility or who are here and will return to their home institutions.
This disclosure can be done either through socializing with colleagues, your social networks, fairs or other events that take place in these institutions.
Who are the International Ambassadors?
These ambassadors may be national students who will represent Técnico during their mobility or, on the other hand, foreign students who are undergoing a mobility period at Técnico, and who show interest in becoming our International Ambassadors, also acting as Técnico’s privileged interlocutors and promoters.
Applications are announced via email to students through the Fénix system (firstname.lastname@example.org), on the AAI news webpage and on the NMCI Instagram.
Applications are submitted to NMCI via Google Form:
- November for mobility in the 2nd semester (3rd to 13th of November)
- May for mobility in the 1st semester (4th to 14th of May)
- November for mobility in the 2nd semester (14th to 18th of November)
- May for mobility in the 1st semester (15th to 19th of May)
- Number of ambassadors distributed according to coincident origin/host schools
- 20 ambassadors annually divided into 2 application periods
- Interview: “What is Técnico for you”?
- November for mobility in the 2nd semester (21st to 25th of November)
- May for mobility in the 1st semester (22nd to 26th of May)
Ambassadors carry an “ambassador pack” with them to help spread the word.
Activities to be developed by the student
- Frequent photos, small videos and “reels” on the student’s social networks, with the divulgation of Técnico while they are on mobility, identifying NMCI Instagram;
- If possible, joint presentation of students outgoing+incoming at the destination/host school;
- Leave contact details with potential students interested in coming to study at Técnico, so that we can make a connection with how many students came through that International Ambassador;
- If the International Ambassador makes a presentation or participates in a fair, you must send the information, photos and videos of the event by email.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com