Applications Are Closed!
On this page you will find all the information regarding the application period of January.
Applications for international mobility for the 1st semester and the whole academic year 2023/2024 were until the 17th of January and the results were already published. Information on the January 2024 application period will be available on this page.
The January application period was only for students already enrolled in the 2nd Cycle (Master) who wish to perform their mobility for studies in the first semester or in the whole academic year 2023/2024.
For students of the Integrated Master of Architecture, it is important to remember that only 4th year students could apply for mobility during the 1st semester of the next academic year (2023/2024) or for the totality of this one if they proposed to do, at least, 30 ECTS without considering the credits associated to the thesis.
Informative Note (January 2023):
Taking into account the transitional period (continuity regime) foreseen in DL65/2018:
Students in transitional situation (continuity regime) who apply in the January application period will be considered for seriation if they meet the following requirement: have a minimum of 30 2nd Cycle ECTS between completed UCs and active enrolments, even if they are still attending 1st Cycle UCs.
- Guia de Candidatura – Informação Geral
- Regulamento dos Programas de Mobilidade Internacional do IST (PDF 246KB);
- Nota Informativa – Candidaturas Janeiro 2023 (PDF 48,5KB).
Important Considerations (Applications January 2023)
Before applying, it is important to read the Important Documents above and confirm eligibility for this application period:
- Students enrolled in the 2nd study cycle (Masters);
- Minimum average of 12,5 points, weighted by the number of units completed until the end of the application period
The selection process for mobility will be based on the following criteria, in order of priority:
- Highest average of all course units already completed, weighted by ECTS and calculated to hundredths;
- Highest number of ECTS credits and course units already completed;
- Smaller ratio between the number of annual enrolments and the number of ECTS credits already completed.
It is the student’s responsibility to prepare the study plan according to the host university’s offer (with a minimum of 30 ECTS in the case of Mobility within Europe); it is also the student’s responsibility to carry out some research on the host university’s website regarding the course units available, the language in which they are taught, the possible need for a specific language certificate and the university’s accommodation offer.
Only one application per student will be considered and validated, so it is essential to seal the application when you are sure that everything is in conformity. This application, however, may have several options chosen by the student in order of preference, the student being able to select up to ten schools in order of priority (maximum of options). Students must select only the course to which they belong in all the options they place in the application under penalty of annulment of their application if they fail to do so.
The data collected within the application to an international study mobility programme will be processed exclusively for this purpose.
The existing vacancies are limited to the offer available at the moment, and there is no possibility of opening additional vacancies.
Current Agreements (January 2023)
- Arquitetura (MA) (19KB)
- Engenharia Aeroespacial (MEAer21) (17KB)
- Engenharia do Ambiente (MEAmb) (18KB)
- Engenharia Naval e Oceânica (MEAN) (15KB)
- Engenharia Biológica, Microbiologia, Bioengenharia e Nanossistemas, Biotecnologia, Bioengenharia em Medicina Regenerativa e de Precisão e Engenharia Farmacêutica (MEBiol21, MicroBio, MBioNano, Mbiotec, Mbmrp21 e MEFarm21) (20KB)
- Engenharia Biomédica (MEBiom21) (17KB)
- Engenharia Civil (MEC21) (23KB)
- Engenharia e Ciência de Dados (MECD) (14KB)
- Engenharia Eletrotécnica e de Computadores e Engenharia Electrónica (MEEC21, MEE) (26KB)
- Engenharia Física Tecnológica (MEFT21) (19KB)
- Engenharia e Gestão da Energia (MEGE) (12KB)
- Engenharia e Gestão Industrial (MEGI) (20KB)
- Engenharia e Gestão da Inovação e Empreendedorismo (MEGIE) (11KB)
- Engenharia Geológica e de Minas (MEGM) (14KB)
- Engenharia Informática e de Computadores e Engenharia de Telecomunicações e Informática (MEIC-A, MEIC-T, MERC) (25KB)
- Engenharia de Materiais (MEMat) (16KB)
- Engenharia Mecânica (MEMec21) (28KB)
- Engenharia de Petróleos (MEP) (13KB)
- Engenharia Química e Molecular Science and Engineering (MEQ21, MQ) (24KB)
- Matemática Aplicada e Computação (MMA) (19KB)
Step-by-Step Application (January 2023)
Página de Candidatura (apenas para depois da leitura atenta dos parágrafos anteriores e do Guia de Candidatura)