The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) was created under the Lisbon Strategy. Its mission is to grow and capitalise on the innovation capacity and capability of actors from higher education, research, business and entrepreneurship from the EU and beyond through the creation of highly integrated Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs).
Instituto Superior Técnico was recognized as a strategic partner for the new Knowledge and Innovation Community EIT InnoEnergy (rebranding KIC InnoEnergy), whose aim is to promote innovation through 6 european central offices, in the key area of energy. IST is the formal partner of the central office InnoEnergy IBERIA whose main activity theme is renewable energies.
EIT InnoEnergy (rebranding KIC InnoEnergy) educational programmes are directed towards a completely new type of education in the energy field, mobilising the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of the students. At the same time, the full energy knowledge students receive in “classical” programmes is kept. This will give the graduates a very deep understanding of the world’s energy challenges paired with a significant insight into how energy businesses are created and into the industrial perspective of the energy side.
- MSc ENTECH – Energy Technologies – Exists at IST
- MSc SELECT – Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy System – Exists at IST
- MSc RENE – Renewable Energy – Exists at IST
- MSc Smart Electrical Networks and Systems
- MSc Energy for Smart Cities
- MSc Nuclear Energy
Applications for of EIT InnoEnergy Master School 2021/2022 will be open in the following periods:
- Round 1: 05 September 2022 – 06 November 2022
- Round 2: 14 November 2022 – 22 January 2023
- Round 3: 25 January 2023 – 08 March 2023
- Round 4: 11 March 2023 – 16 April 2023
- Round 5: 19 April 2023 – 11 June 2023
More information at https://www.innoenergy.com/for-students-learners/master-school/.
IST is also involved in one of the EIT InnoEnergy PhD School
For more information contact:
- Rossela Leitão – Instituto Superior Técnico (MSc Student Support – Mobility Office)
- Guilherme Carrazzoni – Instituto Superior Técnico (MSc Student Support – Mobility Office)
- What do I need to apply?
A copy of the completed degree diploma (with a minimum value of 180 ECTS credits)
A copy of the Transcript of records
English language proficiency
Curriculum / curriculum
A copy of the passport
Specific program requirements – See which and if applicable on the website of each program
- I am finishing the 3rd year of my degree. Can’t I apply?
You can. NMCI gives you a statement that you have academic conditions to complete your degree. Contact email@example.com
- Which degrees are eligible to apply for this program?
All of the IST
“The EIT Label is a quality seal awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) to a KIC educational programme that has been assessed positively by the EIT on the implementation of the EIT Quality Assurance and Learning Enhancement (EIT QALE) system and the application of specific quality criteria with focus on the EIT Overarching Learning Outcomes (EIT OLOs), robust entrepreneurship education, highly integrated, innovative ‘learning‐by‐doing’ curricula, international mobility and outreach.”