The Sino-European Engineering Education Plataforma (SEEEP), launched in September 2010, aims to promote substantial collaboration between Institutions of High Education in Engineering in both China and Europe in the fields of talents fostering, exchange of students, teacher training, development of teaching materials and collaboration in scientific research programs in areas so diverse as:
- Climate change, environmental protection and sustainable urban development;
- New energy sources;
- Civil engineering and green architecture;
- Transportation and clean energy vehicles;
- Electrical and information engineering;
- Mechanical engineering;
- Material science and engineering;
- Life science and bioengineering;
- Management science and engineering;
- Creative design.
On the European side SEEEP comprehends the 12 CLUSTER member Institutions collaborating with 18 top Chinese Universities in the area of Science, Technology and Engineering selected by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
The 12 member-Institutions of CLUSTER include: Kungliga Tekniska högskolan (KTH, Stockholm, Sweden), Aalto University (Helsinki, Finland), Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TUe, the Netherlands), école Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL, Switzerland), Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble (Grenoble INP, France), Politecnico di Torino (Polito, Italy), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT, Germany), Technische Universität Darmstadt (TU-Darmstadt, Germany), Université catholique de Louvain-Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (UCL-KUL, Belgium), Trinity College Dublin (TCD, Ireland), Universitat Politecnica de Catalunia (UPC-BarcelonaTech, Spain) and Instituto Superior Técnico (IST Lisbon, Portugal).
The 18 Chinese Universities involved in the project are: Tongji University, Harbin Institute of Technology, Tianjin University, Tsinghua University, Xi’an Jiao Tong University, Dalian University of Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Southeast University, Zhejjiang University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, South China University of Science and Technology, University of Science and Technology Beijjing, Beijing Jiatong University, China University of Petroleum, China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing Unversity of Posts and Telecommunications, East China University of Science and Technology and Sichuan University.
- 1st S3EP Workshop, hosted by Tongji University in Shanghai, September: Launch of the S3EP and MoU signed.
- 2nd S3EP Workshop, hosted by Instituto Superior Técnico in Lisbon, May: Lisbon Action Plan signed.
- Beijing and Shanghai working meetings.
- 3rd S3EP Workshop, hosted by Harbin Institute of Technology in Harbin, September: Launch of SESE and Harbin Roadmap signed.
- 4th S3EP Workshop, hosted by Karlsruhe Institute Technology in Karlsruhe, September: Approved the first 4 Pilot Joint Doctoral Programmes.
- Speech Prof. Umbach 2013: https://www.crp-eut.org/2013_Umbach.pdf
- SESE Joint Conference 2015, 9th April; Participants: TUE, KIT, IST, HIT, TONGJI
- 5th S3EP Workshop (18/09/2014), hosted by Xi’an Jiaotong University
- SESE Summer School, hosted by Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), 18-19th October
- 6th S3EP Workshop, hosted by Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, 21st – 22nd October
- SESE Summer School, hosted by Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), 29.08. – 03.09.2016 (Sino-EU Doctoral School for Sustainable Engineering (SESE))
- 7th S3EP Workshop, hosted by South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, 10.11. – 12.11.2016
- SESE Summer School, hosted by KIT 28.08. – 02.09.2017 (Sino-EU Doctoral School for Sustainable Engineering (SESE))
Amongst others, the main topics of the workshop were:
- Innovation and IP handling
- Sustainability in engineering education
- Models for double degree and students exchange
- Joint doctoral schools in areas of excellence in the Chinese Universities and in the CLUSTER schools.